PDA

View Full Version : What music do you listen to?

CO3
05-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Genre or just bands is fine. I tend to lean toward Progressive and Alternative genres. Dream Theater, Rush, Deftones, Slipknot, Korn

And a lot of other bands from various genres. For instance: Black Sabbath. (:( Dio died recently... bad way to go)

Kate
05-21-2010, 09:16 AM
My Last.fm tells me I listen to John Mayer, Hey Rosetta! Wakey!Wakey!, Death Cab, Tokyo Police Club, Dave Matthews, Mumford & Sons and Metric the most.

So I guess Rock in general is the best way to describe my favourites.

aaaaa
05-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Metal / Hardcore mostly, pop punk, a lot of rap / hip hop, been getting into a fuck ton of dubstep lately.

http://www.last.fm/user/pizzaboy9010

But yeah, metal and hardcore genres is where my heart lies.

Liam
05-26-2010, 01:00 AM
I love sappy non-country music like Last Kiss by Pearl Jam, Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton, 1/2 of all Our Lady Peace music. You know the type. But I'm also a big fan of alternative rock like Coheed, and I'm into some more acoustic-y things like John Mayer and whatnot. I've got pretty eclectic tastes, I usually just stay away from twang country, metal (Children of Bodom being the exception to the rule) and most rap as a rule of thumb.

Gearbox
06-27-2010, 03:47 AM
After spending quite a couple years in my job and having a chance to listen to all my coworkers' tastes in music, I have successfully tolerated just about every genre of music except anything with bagpipes. So...

Rock
Pop
Hip-Hop
Rap (the good, lyrical kind not the dumb Mike Jones kind but it's hard to distinguish)
Indie
Easy Listening
Blues
Jazz
Techno
etc.

breakfast
06-30-2010, 02:55 AM
http://www.last.fm/user/breakfast144/

aaaaa
06-30-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.last.fm/user/breakfast144/

Your musical compatibility with breakfast144 is High

Music you have in common includes Living With Lions, Set Your Goals, Daggermouth, City and Colour and Death Cab for Cutie.

<3

Kate
06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
"Your musical compatibility with breakfast144 is Very High

Music you have in common includes Mumford & Sons, Death Cab for Cutie, Coheed and Cambria, Manchester Orchestra and John Mayer."

Whatup!

breakfast
06-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Your musical compatibility with breakfast144 is High

Music you have in common includes Living With Lions, Set Your Goals, Daggermouth, City and Colour and Death Cab for Cutie.

<3
whoa... you're from the south how do you know those van city bands haha

"Your musical compatibility with breakfast144 is Very High

Music you have in common includes Mumford & Sons, Death Cab for Cutie, Coheed and Cambria, Manchester Orchestra and John Mayer."

Whatup!
word to your mother

aaaaa
06-30-2010, 03:46 PM
whoa... you're from the south how do you know those van city bands haha

love me some pop punk. always looking for new bands to check out.

i actually just ordered a daggermouth shirt the other day. i realllly wish i would of gotten into them before they stopped playing.

breakfast
06-30-2010, 06:39 PM
love me some pop punk. always looking for new bands to check out.

i actually just ordered a daggermouth shirt the other day. i realllly wish i would of gotten into them before they stopped playing.
yeah they toured here with syg and played small shows before syg got big and shitty

i missed it though. qq :(

aaaaa
07-01-2010, 11:10 AM
yeah they toured here with syg and played small shows before syg got big and shitty

i missed it though. qq :(

syg was great until their newest cd. like maybe 2 songs on there that are worth a shit.

Dragoon
07-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Mostly electronica right now--Goa/Psy-trance, drum&bass, some house. Occasionally some metal.

Ceci
02-23-2011, 12:34 AM
if im putting music on its most likely gonna be ragga, jungle, british hip-hop (american only if its by the likes of immortal technique etc), or dubstep. of course i still love dub, ska, acid techno, dancehall, reggae, breakcore, and gabba though

Ceci
12-06-2011, 08:25 AM
this is quite an old video of him but this is my mate lj smashinnn it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otrhaIxqh_w

01Aaron
12-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Goodbye by Avril. :)

01Aaron
04-28-2012, 01:21 AM
pop, classic, rock...
Almost all. I don't care much about the type of music. :)

JhonsonPeter
06-07-2012, 01:38 AM
I feel affection every kind of music and especially I like to take pleasure in Classical songs. But while gaming I would like to listen Techno and Rock songs.

chimcanh
06-17-2012, 11:18 PM
I like gold music

Helebabe
12-01-2012, 06:27 AM
I love nothing better than hard rock and going to a club a rocking it out

SnoringFrog
01-01-2014, 11:01 PM
I listen to a little bit of everything. In recent months it's been primarily post-hardcore or pop punk.

However, I also recently re-fell in love with Isosine's music. He does mashups of various songs (often of disparate genres) that always seem to come out amazing. E.g., this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACeQXmqF1LE (mashup of a plethora of 2013 pop songs; I like the 2nd and 3rd parts the most, the opening section's pretty good as well)