PDA

View Full Version : ok so what the fuck is everyone up to these days

breakfast
06-30-2010, 04:33 AM
i'm on summer break right now working at a liquor store again since i can't find any FUCKING JOBS THAT PAY BETTER OR ARE RESUME MATERIAL.... FFFFFUCK

and yeah i finished my first year of engineering, specializing in mechanical engineering

wuddup

CO3
06-30-2010, 05:39 AM
i'm on summer break right now working at a liquor store again since i can't find any FUCKING JOBS THAT PAY BETTER OR ARE RESUME MATERIAL.... FFFFFUCK

and yeah i finished my first year of engineering, specializing in mechanical engineering

wuddup

How's Mechanical Engineering going?

We're living our lives checking in every now and then like we do. Nothing changes here. Except that big change we did.

breakfast
06-30-2010, 05:50 AM
first year was general but it went pretty well

some parts were kinda dry but it's a means to an end

Kate
06-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Just finished my 3rd year in English, starting to work on getting things together to apply to PR when I finish that. Was working for a utility here but decided to take the summer off ( :D ) so now I'm mostly sitting around in the sun at my Dad's place on the lake and taking it easy in the city in between.

breakfast
06-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Just finished my 3rd year in English, starting to work on getting things together to apply to PR when I finish that. Was working for a utility here but decided to take the summer off ( :D ) so now I'm mostly sitting around in the sun at my Dad's place on the lake and taking it easy in the city in between.
barf @ english
cool @ pr
how do you manage to live @ no job
jealous @ living on the lake

Kate
06-30-2010, 05:21 PM
barf @ english
cool @ pr
how do you manage to live @ no job
jealous @ living on the lake
Had money in the bank when I left my job @ how I live
It's pretty fucking awesome @ Summer on the lake
PR is going to be fucking amazing when I get to it @ Cool
I like it, so suck it @ barf

breakfast
06-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Had money in the bank when I left my job @ how I live
It's pretty fucking awesome @ Summer on the lake
PR is going to be fucking amazing when I get to it @ Cool
I like it, so suck it @ barf
w/e man

w/e

Dragoon
07-01-2010, 11:10 PM
As I mentioned in the math thread, I just started my first year on a B.S. in Computer Science.

Gearbox
07-02-2010, 01:31 AM
I gotta work on a bunch of servers in a giant modular metal container for another 3 months.

Liam
07-04-2010, 01:26 AM

wuddup

Oh hey this is my career path as well - beginning my first year of engineering in September, and planning on doing mechanical. My specialization is staying open for change though, depending on what I lean towards this year.

breakfast
07-04-2010, 03:48 AM
Oh hey this is my career path as well - beginning my first year of engineering in September, and planning on doing mechanical. My specialization is staying open for change though, depending on what I lean towards this year.
nice nice.

i'm planning on ending up in oil and gas but who knows. mechanical is so broad and awesome (and statics is fucking gay.... unfortunately i have to take a CIV E class this year)

Liam
07-04-2010, 11:42 AM
nice nice.

i'm planning on ending up in oil and gas but who knows. mechanical is so broad and awesome (and statics is fucking gay.... unfortunately i have to take a CIV E class this year)

My brother is a mech eng and is working with Shell in Alberta on the oil sands

breakfast
07-04-2010, 02:04 PM
My brother is a mech eng and is working with Shell in Alberta on the oil sands
saweeeet

hook me up with a (what's left of the) summer job haha

Biddykins
07-05-2010, 03:19 AM
So what does everyone plan to do with their lives after school, etc?

I wanna be a teacher. I'm currently about to do my final year of uni, then with my degree I'll need to go on to do two years of teacher training (but it's on the job, so I'll get paid whilst doing it!), then I'll be a proper teacher, yaaaay. Also, as I do music, I'll also be doing private lessons in my own time, and not telling mr tax man, so money money money.

CO3
07-05-2010, 03:54 AM
So what does everyone plan to do with their lives after school, etc?

I wanna be a teacher. I'm currently about to do my final year of uni, then with my degree I'll need to go on to do two years of teacher training (but it's on the job, so I'll get paid whilst doing it!), then I'll be a proper teacher, yaaaay. Also, as I do music, I'll also be doing private lessons in my own time, and not telling mr tax man, so money money money.

Entrepreneur. I want that to be my life. Starting businesses, selling them or have them managed for me, and repeating the cycle. As soon as I get a degree that will get me a management position pretty much anywhere I'm going to start racking up experience. A management job will do fine until I can get enough good ideas. I'll start with low risk businesses, make a good plan, get a loan, go make shit happen as if my future depended on it, and repeat it until I'm bored. All the while I'll be saving, properly investing, and managing my risks until I can do whatever I want to do.

Dragoon
07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Entrepreneur. I want that to be my life. Starting businesses, selling them or have them managed for me, and repeating the cycle. As soon as I get a degree that will get me a management position pretty much anywhere I'm going to start racking up experience. A management job will do fine until I can get enough good ideas. I'll start with low risk businesses, make a good plan, get a loan, go make shit happen as if my future depended on it, and repeat it until I'm bored. All the while I'll be saving, properly investing, and managing my risks until I can do whatever I want to do.

I've got a friend who's planning the same thing, working on a business degree right now.

rhinoceros
07-05-2010, 03:43 PM
im goin to my second year at case western reserve university with a double major in chemistry and english. i have no idea what i plan on doing after college, probably write those '50 ways to please your man' articles in cosmo and seventeen magazines

breakfast
07-06-2010, 05:10 AM
im goin to my second year at case western reserve university with a double major in chemistry and english. i have no idea what i plan on doing after college, probably write those '50 ways to please your man' articles in cosmo and seventeen magazines
that's quite the odd choices for a double major... kinda polar opposites

rhinoceros
07-06-2010, 01:57 PM
that's quite the odd choices for a double major... kinda polar opposites
yea i know
i love english and honestly it's an easy major, 30 credits. additionally, case has incredible sciences programs so i'm taking advantage of that by getting the chem major too. they are polar opposites, yes, but that enables me to get some of the rarest jobs.

Elite
07-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Finished off Honors BSc. with double majors in Biochemistry and Health Sciences

Now in Medical School trying to become a Doc ;)

Oh and those in the loop will know I went off to founding something that always interested me (illegal of course but I dont give a fuck :P)

And still 22, the world will be mine after I light up this blunt

Hydrogen
07-10-2010, 08:58 PM
was feeling nostalgic and came to check on things here :)
moving into my own apartment soon. going into my second year of computer science at the university of winnipeg. writing a fair amount. pretty boring stuff mostly.

Verm0n
07-10-2010, 10:02 PM
college stuff, party, and girls.

Hummer
07-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Work, work, work, school, work, and work.

EM2915
07-11-2010, 12:06 PM
College, frat, community service, girlfriend, drinking

Biddykins
07-12-2010, 05:55 AM
College, frat, community service, girlfriend, drinking
Community service? It feels like you've explained this to us before and I've just forgotten the circumstances.

EM2915
07-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Community service? It feels like you've explained this to us before and I've just forgotten the circumstances.

Yeah just got in some trouble at school, drunken antics and stupidity.

Biddykins
07-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Yeah just got in some trouble at school, drunken antics and stupidity.
Uh oh.

I just got my first position volunteering at a school, who said if all goes well they'll give me a job after uni, yaaaay.

EM2915
07-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Uh oh.

I just got my first position volunteering at a school, who said if all goes well they'll give me a job after uni, yaaaay.

Neat, what kind of volunteer work are you doing?

CO3
07-16-2010, 04:34 AM
Currently trying to get a routine down. I'll get back to posting as soon as I can.

Biddykins
07-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Neat, what kind of volunteer work are you doing?
Pretty much anything. Helping out at afterschool/weekend/summer activities, workshops, etc, then in september they said I can help out the music teachers and basically be their bitch for a year, then I get to be a real teacher, yaaaaay.

EM2915
07-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Pretty much anything. Helping out at afterschool/weekend/summer activities, workshops, etc, then in september they said I can help out the music teachers and basically be their bitch for a year, then I get to be a real teacher, yaaaaay.

Sounds like it would be worth it in the end. Best wishes to you on that Sir.

BC_minded
07-21-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm Brian, a banker. Been in San Francisco for the whole 30 years. I work hard and I play hard. I'm glad to be here! :D

Kamil
07-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Finished off Honors BSc. with double majors in Biochemistry and Health Sciences

Now in Medical School trying to become a Doc ;)

Oh and those in the loop will know I went off to founding something that always interested me (illegal of course but I dont give a fuck :P)

And still 22, the world will be mine after I light up this blunt

What school are you at?

angelusthedark
07-23-2010, 02:18 AM

Thats a good idea! I always had it in my mind to do mechanical engineering. But I ended up going into electrical, because of more job opportunities.

Rick
08-11-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm a fuckin grunt in the Marine Corps.

Godkarmachine O Inary
08-17-2010, 04:30 AM
I just got internet back. Almost a month without it not counting using my cell phone.